Apple season isn’t the only fruit that’s in full swing this month. There are plenty of fruits and veggies to get before their season is over! Here are some places you can find fresh food near Whitehall, WV.
Farmers markets near Whitehall, WV
- Morgantown Farmer’s Market
- Fairmount Farmer’s Market
- Fairview WV Farmer’s Market
- Hauges Farmer’s Market (in Fairmont)
What foods are in season in September and October?
- Apples: apple pie, apple cobbler, if you are adventurous, you can make apple butter or an apple-peach cobbler.
- Peaches: jams, peach cobbler, even peach salsa.
- Plums: black plums. Just try them. Delicious.
- Brussels Sprouts: who says brussels sprouts are gross? Steam them, add a little salt, pepper, and butter, and you have a healthy(ish) side dish!
- Cabbage: whether you are looking to make some coleslaw or other cabbage-y things, there are some great recipes out there!
- Carrots: carrots don’t just come in that recognizable orange. Try purple, yellow, even white. They are a great way to add color to a dish while still remaining true to their carrot taste.
- Pumpkins: pumpkin pie, carving pumpkins, or tiny pumpkins used to decorate. Is there another type of food that is as versatile as this?
- Winter Squash: butternut squash season starts in October, as does Spaghetti Squash and Gourds.
We hope you have a fun time picking out foods with your family. Be sure to travel safely! If you are looking for other tips and tricks, don’t forget to take a look at our blog!
Of course, if you are just looking for a safe vehicle in general, then be sure to check out the Toyota vehicles available right here at Dan Cava’s Toyota. There are plenty of Toyota vehicles available right here. Many of them have the Toyota Safety Sense P, which has a variety of driver-assist technologies that are great for family vehicles.