If you are stuck in a downpour, the last thing you want is to have your windshield wipers break on you. The best way to prevent this is to make sure you change your wiper blades before they break. But taking your car in for something as simple as that is not only a hassle, but a waste of money. So, here’s how you can change them yourself.
DIY: Replacing wiper blades
- First, you’ll need to know what size wiper blades you’ll need, so be sure to measure the ones already on your car before you go out to buy the replacements.
- Pull the wiper blade up from the windshield.
- Find the tab or hook on your old wiper blade, then unhook it from the old wiper blade from the arm.
- Snap the new wiper blade onto the arm and lower the entire thing back down.
- That’s it! Do the same with the other wiper blade, and then take a nice drive in the rain.
Vehicle services in Whitehall, WV
Replacing your windshield wiper blades on your own can definitely help you save money, and the wiper blades themselves aren’t very expensive, but if you don’t have the time to do so, that’s okay, too.
If you don’t feel comfortable changing your own wiper blades, or simply can’t, no worries! Contact us here at Dan Cava Toyota, where we will change them for you. We have other car services here as well, so if you need more serious maintenance done for your vehicle, then be sure to schedule an appointment. We understand the importance of having a working vehicle, so our knowledgeable team strives to work as quickly and efficiently as possible to get your car back to you.